Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Welcome MSUans

Welcome to Miakadodo!

You are all welcome to contribute your thoughts. Please restrict your entry to matters that has to do with MSU and Mindanao. Let us not be tempted to stray into general Philippine politics except of course where it directly affects MSU and Mindanao, and much less into US politics as exciting as the present presidential race has been, even while still in the primaries. If you feel very strongly about such matters I suggest that you find other more appropruate blogsites . I am sure there are many of them in the blogsphere. You can Google for blogs that contain your desired topic.

Regarding tthe nature of what we can enter, Blogger --the blogsite host, which happens to be owned by Google has this to say:

"Blogger strongly believes in freedom of speech. We believe that having a variety of perspectives is an important part of what makes blogs such an exciting and diverse medium. With that said, there are certain types of content that are not allowed on Blogger. While Blogger values and safeguards political and social commentary, material that promotes hatred toward groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity is not allowed on Blogger."

As for specific guidelines on what is acceptable or not for this particular website I will welcome all of you to contribute your ideas so we can formulate the guidelines collectively on line -- that is if you feel very strongly about having such guidelines. Personally I prefer this to be a forum for "malayang talakayan basta walang personalan". As moderator if I think something may hurt the sensibility of others I reserve the right to remove such material from Miakadodo. Likewise if any of you feel strongly that a particular writing does not belong here and has to be trashed please alert me and state your reason for believing so.

There is nothing frivolous on my choice of the name I gave this blogsite. I originally wanted to name it as follows:
MSUans Intent on Advocating Knowledge, Action and Determination to Obtain Development Objectives.
But you have to admit it is too long a name for a blogsite so I settled on the its acronym which happens to spell out MIAKADODO. How about that!

It is actually named after the group of MSUans that has the record of meeting most frequently and for the longest time, -- to be exact almost every Thursday since 9/11 according to the founding organizer of Miakadodo -- Bob Lim. What can be more appropriate than that. Neither rain or snow or sleet or hail can deter us from meeting Thursdays at the Dome in EDSA Shangrila. I have to admit though that the occasional Typhoon Signal No 2 or 3 does prevent us from meeting. So no amount of calamity (short of a power outage) should prevent us from meeting in this site.

So bloggers log in and type away!

16 comments:

i2castillo said...

yes.. this is would great for the msu community...

BenP said...

Fred and MSUan Bloggers:

I am forwarding this new MSUan blogspot to all MSUans in the MEVN mailing lists. I apologize to some of you who will receive more than one copy of this very important announcement. It is about time that MSUans be at the forefront of promoting the MINSUPALA REGION in general and the MSU System in particular in your respective communities, work places, and e!Groups.

Ben Posadas

Unknown said...

this is great! but why can't we integrate this into the msuans.net website?

FredM said...

Hi Fred & all MSUans,

Nice blog. Today, ideas are everywhere. Cyberspace is one arena where they reside in almost unlimited quantities, but where they also easily come and go.

Am concerned about how national politics affects MSU or Mindanao. More so if MSUans are directly involved, for or against an issue. Or, if it relates to security or development matters, as in the Spratly (in Palawan), which has figured lately due in part to the huge loans the Philippines is getting from China, and the corruption that comes with it.

More power!

Unknown said...

Yes, this is one site to gather our collective thoughts on msu and things that affect msu. I for one would like to author one blog but not now. I am still busy adapting to my new work and the cultural environment that has taken me by surprise, to use a mild term. Please reserve one blog for me though.

jropon said...

I suggest we put a chatboard on the site for us to post comments on real time. It was fun when Jossette Balonga tried it in her blogspot (for msu cgalumni). Calling Josette!

Happy Women's Month To All Ladies(women alumni)! (March 8 is Int'l Women's Day Celebration)

Fire and Rain said...

Finally, I think this is long overdue.....

Unknown said...

s

Unknown said...

isnenyaw

Unknown said...

Well, you have brought us a little closer to become united again. Although I have lost touch with my peer, somtimes reading about MSU OR MSUans helps me to remember all the beaotiful memories. Best times of my life. But that is nostalgia..
just like a grammar lesson: the present tense and the past perfect.

Looking for Peri Resabal, Dean Morales, Julius Baliug of Iligan, and Mamalangcas Abdullah of Cotabato. If you happen to read this, please write me. Best regards to all from Jakarta, Indonesia.

BSCE 1977. MSU Marawi City.

Unknown said...

Hello everyone! Just what I wanted. Te Jo, are you reading this? How about the earlier suggestion?

Unknown said...

abuthalib!

Talk of a voice from the deep past! This is Romeo Balingcongan of the ME Department while you were at MSU playing and winning soccer games for the college of engineering during the intramurals then. How are you these days?

I am now based here in Florida.

Ate Perl said...

This is nice Fred. Thanks for the invite. So when I send out to msuans@google/yahoo groups, I may paste them here too if desired?
Have a nice week guys.
Perl

Fred Yap said...

Well it all depends. If what you posted in the Yahoo group is merely for the purpose of "bonding" like updating each other of present personal status and circumstances etc. then it is better to post it in the Google group. That's what the Google Group is for. However if it is an issue or a concern that all MSUans should be aware of then by all means post it in this blogsphere.

JoeKabatch said...

Abuthalib....hp anda?

Unknown said...

Abuthalib Almuhdar : Abu, how are you my long lost friend? How has life treated you Abu? I am based in Manila and you can contact me through my email ad: psresabal@peti.com.ph.

Dean is now based in LA and Julius is working for Holcim Cement in Iligan City. Let's keep in touch. Send me an email and I will broadcast to all our classmates and friends from way back your email address. My best regards to you and to your (shall I say) families. Peri S. Resabal